April 19, 2011

Welcome! Let Me Introduce Myself

I am a 36 year old Florida native. I currently live about 50 miles from where I was born and grew up. I have a relatively large family that has always been very close and, since 2004, have been happily married to the love of my life and my best friend. I am all of these things, but by the grace of God, I will also eventually be a father. Marrying my best friend and having a family has always been my ultimate dream. However, the dream has proven to be somewhat elusive to complete. So many men and women suffer with infertility silently and I think we, men especially, struggle with the stigmas associated with perceived hits to our masculinity.  My wife and I have been struggling to manuever through the complicated landscape of infertility for the last six years. I intend to openly and honestly chronicle my personal journey from start to finish. Though, emotions are somtimes raw and deeply personal, I hope my words are able to bring some light to other couples that feel like they are navigating this process alone and in the dark. This blog is meant to document my journey, on the road less traveled, as a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a man and Eventually, Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment